Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Space: Modern Comforts

If I had to describe my personal style, I would say it's traditional with contemporary hints.  Now that's not to say that I do not appreciate and admire spaces that employs different types of design.  Occasionally I wish for the courage to incorporate that admiration in my home and create a room totally unconventional for myself.  After many attempts I have come to accept that I will not feel at home unless I am true to my style.  However  I am thrilled when I am presented with an opportunity to help others with varying tastes.

This image from the newest addition of Lonny caught my eye. It's the apartment of artist Martine Chaisson.  The ying and the yang of elegant  femininity  juxtaposed to the modern masculinity marries the space in perfect unison. The crystal chandelier, the delicate sheers and the shimmery tones of the paint color allow for an inviting room while staying true to the more contemporary elements.  Well done!




Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles."  ~ Mike Greenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...