Friday, June 24, 2011

Casual Friday: Casual Elegance

Today's CDJ is inspired by a post from one of my daily blog reads, Knight Moves.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so they say.  Kyle, from Knight Moves, "built" a bedroom around a painting by the abstract color master Sally King Benedict.  Once I clicked on SKB's website I was hooked.  Her artwork moved straight to the top of my CDJ art list.  Any piece from her collection would be treasured, but I kept returning to the painting below, Student Pressure -  possibly because the colors in the painting are similar to all the colors in my home... 
It was inevitable; I was left with no choice but to "build" a room around the painting.  Deciding where to "hang" it took quite awhile and resulted in many hours lost on 1st Dibs (where I found many pieces for other imaginary spaces).  I think the furnishings below compliment the artwork, creating a casual yet elegant dining room. 

1  2  3  4  5  6  7* 8  9*

*Drapes in Quadrille "Lyford Background" in the Shrimp on White colorway

*Narrowing down a wall color was difficult, but I think Benjamin Moore's "White Dove" is the perfect backdrop to highlight the colors in the artwork, drapes, chairs and chandelier.

See you back here on Monday when I announce the winner of the Mystery Giveaway.  Don't forget to enter - click here.

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."  ~Twyla Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...