Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Wishlist

Books are my absolute favorite item to give or receive (or buy for myself).  A hardcover is a thoughtful and personal gift that one hand-selects and can personalize with an inscription.  Additionally, books make a wonderful souvenir from travel.

Books make a home come to life.  One can gain a reasonable amount of insight into a person simply by browsing their collection; where they traveled, their interests, etc.

I could NEVER have too many books... Novels, periodicals, fiction, non-fiction, cookbooks, art books, how-to books, travel guides,... the list goes on and on.  I frequent thrift stores and antique shops always on the lookout for vintage books.  You would be amazed by the selection and the deals.   Plus, I love to read used book inscriptions.  That in itself is a whole story.  And finally, I love the smell of books (and not because of Carrie Bradshaw).  The scent is intoxicating.  Perhaps it's nostalgia...

Literally, I have hundreds of books on my wishlist, but here are a few I am coveting today:

All available on Amazon.com.

A candle from the Paddywax Library Collection is the perfect compliment to a book.  The "Oscar Wilde" scent is a staple in my husband's office.  The masculine aroma is a mixture of cedarwood, thyme and basil.

Enjoy whatever you read today, whether a newspaper, a magazine, chick-lit, a classic, or my personal favorite, a children's book.

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience:  this is the ideal life."  ~Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. hehe I love the smell of books too -especially older ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...