Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Checking In

I wrote this post in my head Sunday night, yet somehow I am just getting around to actually typing it...  
To say I have a lot going on this week is an understatement.  It's to the point where I can't keep the days or my location straight.  Oh how I long for the lazy days of August.  
Yet another pathetic, but honest excuse.  
Anyways...
Friday is my birthday. Ugh. 
  Planning and celebrating other birthdays is fantastic,  however I've never felt comfortable celebrating my own.  I attribute that to my little brother showing up on my 4th birthday.
This year the "cerebration of me," coupled with the fact I am officially in my mid-30's is overwhelming.  
Think back to your high school or college days (if you are over the age of 30.)  How did you imagine your future self?  I assumed being a grown-up would feel different.  In reality adulthood feels (pretty much) the same as it did a decade ago.  I suppose my expectations were off the mark.
When I consider all of the idiotic choices I made or ridiculous situations I found myself in, it's almost inconceivable that I was that person. Then I come to the terrifying realization that one day my kids will be teenagers.   
Perspective is a funny thing.



Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children."  ~George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...