Monday, February 14, 2011

Accessories: Glazing Love

Happy Valentine's Day!  Whether you have a beau or not, get ready to fall in love with today's Covet du Jour - Jill Rosenwald.  The crush began the second I turned to "The Best" page in September 2010's House Beautiful.  

These colorful ceramics have been on my mind ever since then.  As fate would have it, I came across one of Jill Rosenwald's lamps this weekend.  My mom and I paid a visit to one of my favorite stores in Richmond - Ruth & Ollie.  If you are ever in Richmond, you simply must stop by this store... It's a breath of fresh air! 
I know this post is supposed to be about pottery (and I promise to get there), but I am going to tack on one more CDJ, Ruth & Ollie. The store is filled with a fantastic variety of lamps, accessories and furniture.  It's evident that careful consideration went into the selection of each item that comes through their door.  Consideration is also paid to the customer experience.  The staff is so welcoming and approachable.  It's like asking a friend for advice.  I can't seem to put my finger on it, but Ruth & Ollie has certain je ne sais quoi.  

I picked up this Gold Wishbone.  Of course I had to have it.  Just look at the background of this blog!


I digress.  Here is the handmade, hand-painted Jill Rosenwald lamp I mentioned before.  It's even on sale (I think 50% off)!!  Why don't I have a place for this???   (If you find a home for it, please send me a picture!)


Just browse through her Etsy shop and you are bound to fall in love with a vase, bowl or platter.  I'll take one of each! 









Additionally, the Boston based potter designed some stylish rugs and bedding available at CSNrugs.com and other retailers.  



I would love to continue discussing my CDJ's, but I have a packed schedule today.  Wishing everyone a happy day filled with love!

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." - Plato 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...