Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Under 200: Cheap Love

Although February is the shortest month of the year, the dreary cold weather perpetuates a feeling of endless time.  At least Valentine's Day injects a little sparkle into this drab month.  So, I propose we continue this theme of love for the whole week.  It just warms me up a little! On this (second) jour de l'amour I would like to acquaint you with the Covet du Jour: cheap finds under $200! 

Sadly, I have champagne taste and a beer budget.  (I am not kidding - while everyone else is drinking beers, I pop a bottle of bubbly.)  I suppose my beloved role as a  stay-at-home mom, albeit abundantly rewarding,  lacks the perk of a big pay check.  I must admit, even if my pockets were extremely deep, I would still find the thrill of a great deal hunt exhilarating. 

Check out some of my favorite cheap finds...

I adore this butler tray table!  (I've see it in person at Ruth & Ollie and she's a beauty.)  You might find the nearly $700 price tag to be cost prohibitive.


Check out this little number from K-mart, of all places.  I have this mirrored-top tray table set up as a bar in my dining room.  It's surprisingly sturdy.  (I'm contemplating whether to paint it or not?)

West Elem also offers a chic affordable option if you are looking for a butler tray table.  You may find me setting up another bar in the family room.

Admiring  Jonathan Adler's "Channing" Desk, but is $1,750 is way over budget?


This sleek, contemporary desk from World Market will give you a similar look for just $199!

Williams Sonoma Home Canvas Director's Chair is beautifully crafted, but runs $795 for just one chair.  


Walmart offers a pair of director's chairs in two different heights for around $115.



This lantern is hanging in my dining room, spray painted gold. I took down my Restoration Hardware chandelier just because I needed a change.  Definitely do not feel guilty about that, because this was so cheap (and I still have the RH light in the attic ready for another spot).



The following are brought to you by Overstock.com

Ebony Finish Square Tray Table - I have this table in a round tray top and cherry finish. Sometimes you can find them for sale on One Kings Lane (that's where I got mine).

This Nickel-plated Iron Antique Butterfly Cocktail Tray Table is another great bar or side table option. 

The kids could pound on and run around this Antique Nickel Coffee Table without you having to worry.

This masculine occasional table would be perfect in a study (as a bar?) or next to a bed of any well-traveled person.


I also have this Hexagonal 36-inch Oriental Plant Stand.  Toying with the idea of painting it...

My mom has this blue and white Chinese Garden Stool.  It's gorgeous! I may need to add this to another garden stool I have on my porch.  


Typically, I am more of a pink than purple girl, but this House Beautiful living room makeover caught my eye:


If you are looking to add some purple in your home without breaking the bank, this Pier 1 Amethyst Glass Lamp might do the trick.  






You can always find tremendous discounts on designer goods at any of the following:








If you have any cheap loves, I would love to hear about them!   

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Quand il me prend dans les bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose"
Translation:
"When he takes me in his arms
and speaks to me softly
I see the world through rose-colored glasses"
-Edith Piaf




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...