Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spaces: Nook Notions Part Deux

Did you enjoy yesterday's post discussing the dining nook and banquette?  As I was searching through my extensive collection of images, I noticed I must have an affinity for cozy spaces. Included in the folder are an assortment of bed nook photographs. So to expand on yesterday's CDJ, we will explore the ever so alluring bed nook!


For me, bed nooks arouse a certain nostalgia.  They instantly transport me back to my 8-year-old self, when fort building was an art form.  It was always my goal to create an enchanting princess tent, reminiscent of the one in "The Holiday".


Unless you have a massive house or you are a really cool parent, forts have to be taken down before bedtime.  (The rule in our house.)  It's not a fun battle. If you want to get your kids to go to bed and forgo the arguments, build them a bed similar to any of these and everyone will have sweet dreams!






This changing table area could be converted to a cozy reading nook or vanity when a child is older.




Nooks are not exclusively for kids!  Granted, I would be delighted to occupy any of the above myself, but my husband would likely not welcome sleeping in bunk beds.  Thus, a potpourri of mature slumber alcoves to choose from, for my pretend pied-à-terre.  









Most of these alcoves are better suited for a small apartment, guest room, vacation home, or sitting room than a master bedroom, but if I had a nook, you would know where to find me.



We'll end with this perfectly pink Phoebe Howard hallway nook:


I look forward to future cyber trips through volumes of built-in carpentry inspiration.   Until tomorrow...

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"There are two kinds of women: those who want power in the world, and those who want power in bed." - Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...