Thursday, March 3, 2011

Seasons: Spring Fever

Spring is a season filled with inspiring colors.  The gloom of Winter is washed away with warm showers.   Sleepy trees awaken to sprout buds.  Bulbs planted in the fall peek though the soil.  People emerge from hibernation to enjoy the beauty of the season.

Well, I've got spring fever big time!  Bundling myself and the kids up to walk 30 feet to the car is getting real old.  I miss flip flops, eating dinner outside, going on the boat, fresh vegetables from the garden, farm stand fresh fruit and open windows.  OK, I may be jumping ahead to summer, but once the sweaters and heavy coats go into storage it's all the same to me.

Here are some things that have me thinking bright colors and fun in the sun!

If I were I car, I'd be this pink Jolly Car



So many options to choose from, but a classic - Queen Bea Monogrammed Half Moon Bag



This Lilly Pulitzer Steinway Piano is a little over-the-top.  I imagine it to grace a Palm Beach grand salon of an eccentric billionaire.  



Trina Turk Pillow (I have blue cocktail napkins in this patten and love them)

The Claire Faux Bamboo Mirror comes in 4 colors, but nothing says Springtime more than bright green.



Check out Amanda Nisbet 's website to get the 360 degree tour of the porch.  It's worth your time!  If I lived here, the interior of the house would not matter, because I would never step inside.  



All the colors of the ocean unite in this Hamptons living room StyleAtHome.com


The living room of this delightful beach cottage brings Spring inside. Design by Krista Ewart.         Photo courtesy House Beautiful 


Best Cocktail Napkins I've seen in a long time! by Dransfield and Ross via House Beautiful


I know why God gave me boys - so I would not go bankrupt furnishing a girl's wardrobe with adorable dresses like this.

Classic Patio Umbrella - Z Gallerie




The list goes on and on, but I'll tuck them in a file for a rainy day.


Cheers!
Elizabeth

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”  - Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...