Monday, March 14, 2011

Style: Preppy Chic

Maybe it's my former life as a private school girl or my DC roots, but I never tire of the preppy chic look.  Over the decades this classic and colorful style continues to stay current and fresh while staying true to it's foundation.  I've also noticed that I am always drawn to the more "conservative" characters in movies, television, and books.  Perhaps it's that I can relate to some of their neuroses and love of pearls...  Two of my favorite preppy chic characters are Charlotte York and Blair Waldorf.







 Here are a few interiors designed with the preppy chic fundamentals in mind.  

Rios Clementi Hale Studios & Domique Vorillion Photography
Black and white awning strips and Kelly green are a killer combination.  If this were my porch, you would find me here sipping cocktails, while the kids play croquette on the lawn.  

It looks like Kate Spade dressed this room, by Hamilton Design Associates.  SO fun!


A playful space, denoting the dwellers don't take themselves to seriously.  Hamilton Design Associates 

Perfect bedroom for an Irish Princess like me.  Thanks HGTV.

Lilly Pulitzer Home Collection - Coming this Summer! (but not soon enough)

Lilly Pulitzer Home Collection featured in House Beautiful.  I've seen pictures from last fall's High Point Market and - I am not exaggerating - I would take any and all pieces! Click here to see more.



The built-ins in this family room, by Brown Designs, are brilliant!

Anything monogrammed - Love ALL the monograms from Leontine Linens


Some of my go to's to achieve a preppy look are Kate Spade, Milly and J. Crew.  Recently, another designer caught my eye... 



Now are you feeling in the mood to slip on a headband or dig your signet ring out of your jewelery box?

Cheers!
Elizabeth

“People ask how can a Jewish kid from the Bronx do preppy clothes? Does it have to do with class and money? It has to do with dreams.” - Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...