Friday, April 29, 2011

Place your bets.

The fashion world is abuzz with anticipation for the first glimpse of Kate Middleton's wedding dress.  Who designed it?  What silhouette has she selected?  Hair up or down?  Sleeveless or more modest? 
I envision the future princess in a fit-to-flair/trumpet silhouette, perhaps with capped selves or off the shoulder.  Certainly she will have a train, but not quite as extravagant as Princess Diana's.  The bodice of the dress will likely have ruching.  Maybe a veil with exquisite details along the edge that will provide additional shoulder coverage in the Abbey.  Will she wear a crown?  It could go either way... she is rather modern, so I imagine her in an understated yet fantastic head piece including flowers and/or feather.  If offered any of the crown jewels, I imagine it to be subtle - if that's possible...

Besides the gown, I've daydreamed about what her morning will be like.  If it were me, my nerves would get the best of me, so you would find me in the WC.   Naturally, Kate will have butterflies but I imagine her pre-wedding hours filled with tea, scones, and laughs (maybe a few tears) with her brides maids.  Here are a few dressing rooms perfect for all of  that:

Celerie Kemble via Lonny Magazine


Beaux Arts Mansion via Traditional Home via Decor Pad



James Radin via House Beautiful

So, what do you think Princess Kate's dress will look like?

Cheers!
Elizabeth

PS - follow me on Twitter, @CovetduJour, and we can discuss all the Pomp and Circumstance

"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."   ~ Princess Diana

1 comment:

  1. Well, my prediction was wrong and I could not be happier! Princess Kate looked brilliant - classic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...