Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 spaces

It's difficult for a decor enthusiasts such as myself to comprehend a lack of interest in interior design.  However, I do understand that it can be a daunting process and is not for the faint of heart. Your home should be a reflection of who you are and how you see yourself.  This translation from self reflection to pulling a room or a whole house together is quit a task.  My home, much like myself, is a work in progress, that will never be complete.  Therefore I  constantly study interiors which allows me to look at my own home with a fresh pair of eyes.  Here are two rooms, by two different designers, that got me thinking.

I am loving this home office by Erin Valencich...






...and this bedroom by Katie Rosenfeld.


I love the use of color, texture and layering in each space.  These elements give the rooms personality and make them approachable and comfortable.  What spaces do you Covet du Jour?

Cheers!
Elizabeth


“Originality is simply a pair of fresh eyes.” ~ Thomas W. Higginson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...