Thursday, August 18, 2011

Destination Summer

We are headed out of town to soak up every last second of summer.  While I am excited for fall, I relish in the last few weeks of summer.  The only thing I am not looking forward to... packing.
I loath packing!  Since it's such a tedious process and editing what to bring is not my strong suit, I tend to over pack.

My ideal packing experience is to collect a few necessities and buy a new wardrobe once I arrive at my destination.  Unfortunately the luxury of time and money do not exist to make this wish come true. 

Once the car is loaded it's nothing but blue skies!  Here are few highlights I am looking forward to:

Watching the sun set from the Boat.

Enjoy a few moments of R & R.

Catching and feasting on crabs.

Taking in the view.

Enjoying friends, family and...

... good drinks.

Making s'mores and...

... catching fireflies with my kids.

Tend to the garden and plant the seeds for the fall.  

Eat lots of fresh produce while it lasts.

Pick peaches for pie and margaritas. 


I better go for a few bike rides or walks, to work off all the calories.

Last, but not least... read this book.  


I will try to post daily, but I am not making any promises ;-)  Enjoy the end of summer!

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."  ~Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...