Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shoe Inspired Space

Looking for design inspiration is part of my daily routine; it's a natural habit that fuels my creativity.    Recently a reader asked how I translate an inspiration piece into a design scheme.  I'll use this fabulous pair of Christian Louboutin shoes as an example.

If a client came to me with this shoe in hand I would presume she has a taste for the finer things in life, she values quality, she is not afraid to make a statement and she loves glamour.   Then, of course, I would listen to her ideas and desires.

So how does that translate into interior design?  I would suggest using the inspirational shoe as a design scheme for a more intimate space - perhaps a dressing room or boudoir.  Below are some images that provided me with further inspiration.  


Designer Lisa Sterio's Home





This is what I envision:

Imagine walls papered in Romo's Ondina

This chaise lounge upholstered in chartreuse velvet similar to these chairs
Hang this mirror somewhere (the red squares could represent CL's signature red soled shoes.)

An over-the-top statement chandelier, such as this


Black lacquer cabinetry, with a few built-in mirrors, reminiscent of this

This search did not lead to the stool/chair I imagine, but the seat, along with the ceiling, would be cloaked in shades of magenta.   Additionally, I picture a fantastic mirror hanging over the built-in vanity, flanked by a killer pair of sconces.  Once I come across these pieces, I will be sure to update this post.

You get the gist of inspirational interpretation, right?  Whether this meets your tastes or not, I hope I provided a little bit of insight.

Cheers!
Elizabeth
" I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."  ~ Michelangelo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...