Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chinoiserie Christmas Tree

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that the Christmas decorations descended from the attic on Sunday afternoon.  My justification for the early decking of the halls: I want to wrap myself in holiday cheer the moment we return from Thanksgiving.  This way we will only have to buy the main Christmas tree and hang the outdoor lights, wreaths, etc.   I did my best to get pictures of my "tree", but what a tricky task.



White pre-lit branches in a blue and white vase my mom bought me on a trip to China.


Artificial orchid I wired onto the branches. 

White Peacock resting on a branch

White and silver butterflies

Hung small and large white glass ornaments 


Tomorrow I hope to hang the garland on the banister.  Stay tuned.

Cheers!
Elizabeth


"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."  ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...