Friday, November 4, 2011

My Brother's Place

I freely admit I am neurotic.  Yesterday I took it to a whole new level...

A few weeks ago, I found the perfect console table for my brother's condo - from HomeGoods of course.  Quickly I snapped a picture and texted him.  His response, "I don't need another table."  To my dismay I could not convince him to fork over $400, nor could I convince my mother to buy it (for him).

This past Tuesday I paid my weekly homage to the Mecca (aka HomeGoods). Low and behold a bright red tag dangled from the table with the numbers 2 4 9!  A HomeGoods markdown is a rare find.  No doubt about it - the clearance tag was a sign - or at least that was my argument which persuaded my mother to make the purchase.

Yesterday we delivered the table, and before it was in place I knew some rearranging was necessary.  I was tangled in cables, covered with dust bunnies and surrounded by an island of furniture when my phone rang. It was my brother. He was on his way home from work.  I casually mentioned that a few things were moved around and not to worry.

After hanging up the phone, my mom and I sprang into gear.  The race was on.  (By the time Michael walked through the door, all the furniture was in place and 80 percent of the cleaning was complete.)  As the door opened, I was frozen like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  His immediate response, "What the %$#*?"  I suppose he was a little shocked to see that I had moved every piece of furniture in his apartment (less the bedroom).  In my defense, on numerous occasions, my brother granted me carte blanche decorating privileges. 

After a few moments of taking in the new layout, my brother (a man of few words, rather adjectives) agreed it opened up the space.  Now I can sleep easy knowing I have saved another space from a bad furniture layout.   Michael, if I can do that in 2 hours, for $250, imagine what I can do with the kitchen?  I am waiting with baited breath to start that project.

Rushing to complete the extreme makeover before the "reveal,", I forgot to take any pictures.  However, I do have the picture of the table I texted Michael.


So yes, I am crazy, but have the purest intentions.  All you design lovers understand.  It truly brings me joy to reveal a home's potential.  If you or someone you know needs help on a budget please contact me.

Cheers!
Elizabeth


"Your house should rise up to meet you." ~ Oprah Winfrey 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...