Friday, July 20, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

Well... July is shaping up to be an eventful month.  We closed on our new house two weeks ago.  The following day my oldest son was involved in a boating accident that reaffirmed my faith in God.  Two days later my youngest and I went for another ambulance ride.  Today, I am thankful that our entire family is home, together.
Meanwhile, we are attempting to complete necessary work before we move in.  The projects include air conditioning, refinishing the floors, knocking down walls, moving plumbing, opening new doorways, sanding ALL the trim in the house, removing wallpaper and carpet, building a fence to keep our blind dog and kids from running into the street, and the list goes on and on and on.

Here are some in progress shots.

Kitchen before.


 First my husband removed the cabinets.  Then I knocked out the pantry to create and the wall to open the kitchen up to the breakfast room.  

  
We ripped out the shelving in the den to make room for doorways and built-in bench seating.  
Den before:
The space felt claustrophobic. It sit's below a stair landing, so the ceiling is much lower.



View new from the breakfast room into kitchen.  You get the idea - better traffic flow, more light, open, space, etc.

Before: breakfast room view with the window to your back.  

Removed the door between the breakfast room and foyer. 

Here I am knocking out the wall between the living room and the breakfast room.  Surprise!  There is a waste line smack in the middle of my intended doorway. Lucky for me I found a great plumber. 
I probably will not be back to the house until move-in day.  Can't wait to see the "completed" jobs! 

Back to packing...

Cheers!
Elizabeth

“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.” ― C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...