Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Occasions: Easter Tables

I love sprucing up the house for spring time - laying the outdoor rug on the porch, fluffing up the outdoor cushions, raising up the umbrella, filling the planters, and dusting off the lanterns and hurricanes.  However, Easter decor has never really been my thing. There are a few decorations in the kids playroom, but not much else.  Although, these images have me humming "Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail"...






This table, by Eddie Ross, is more sophisticated  and elegant than many of the traditional Easter tablescapes, yet is festive and whimsical.  What a fantastic addition silver and pearl-colored spray-painted eggs would make to this decor.  I've had this in my file for at least 8 months, dying to share.  I almost forgot about it - So happy to finally share with you!

I am sure this Egg-shaped Hyacinth Topiary, by Martha Stewart , smells as wonderful as it looks.

These egg shell flower arrangements, by Martha Stewart, would make perfect place card holders.  

Parrot tulips are a contemporary alternative to the traditional tulip.  Martha Stewart

Lilacs would look lovely in a blue and white porcelain container. Martha Stewart

If you prefer a more mod Easter tablescape, you can spray paint eggs gold and pair with hot pink and bring green flowers, table linens and serveware.  


I hope this post inspired some ideas for your Easter brunch or dinner tablescape.  You can also check out my "how-to" make an eggcellent flower arrangement post from last week.  Although I am not hosting Easter, I know my mom, who is hosting, has great expectations for me.  I hope I can find the time to come up with something...

Cheers!
Elizabeth


"Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life."  ~S.D. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...