Thursday, April 21, 2011

Under the Big Top

The Circus is Coming to Town

...and my big boy is over the moon.  It's been more years than I care to admit since I took a trip to the circus.  Cotton candy and a strobing flashlight are about all I remember - pretty fantastic for a child!  As an adult the circus has creepy connotations.  I am well aware of how unfair and judgemental that is, but it's the truth. However, seeing how energized my son is I've changed my tune...

Last week I saw the Circus train pulling into town and I nearly crashed the car due to excitement.  Now I want a ticket.  C.J. is going to have a blast and I will miss it.  Since my little guy is just over a year, we figured "the greatest show on earth" could be a bit overwhelming, so my husband and his parents are taking C.J, while I stay home with Henry.  Between this and the tomorrow's premier of "Water for Elephants" I've got the Big Top on my mind.


Even if you can't attend the show, there are many ways to bring a little circus into your life.

A colorful board book my little guy does not want to put down

Kushies Zolo Stacrobats fun for parents and kids alike. 

One of my favorite stories - vibrant illustrations and engaging rhyme.


Have a grown-up circus in your backyard with this pavilion from Z Gallerie



Show stopping Tented Rooms


Alessandra Branca

Alessandra Branca

Alessandra Branca

Alessandra Branca



Jeffers Design Group

Kemble Interiors

Mary McDonald

Cheers!
Elizabeth

Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away.” ~Ben Hecht

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...